Two WLANs with the same SSID but different connection names

Hi

I've added two WLANs to my list in NM, both with the same SSID (eduroam) but I've given them different names, e.g. «eduaroam (foo)» and «eduroam (bar)». In nm-applet, «eduroam» appears, but with a sub list which shows both «eduroam (foo)» and «eduroam (bar)»[1][2][3].

I took this as a sign that NM understood the difference between the two networks (well, it's the same network, but different auth info), but that doesn't seem to be the case. It only connects using the cridentials from one of the connections (in my case, the «eduroam (foo)») regardless of which of them I select.

The reason for me having two different connections is that I have logins for two different schools. When I'm at one of them, I need to use my cridentials for that connection to get full access to network services like SMTP, IMAP, SSH (to their servers) and so on. But when it only seems to connect to the "wrong" eduroam, I get a different IP and don't get access to what I need.

Now I ask – is this a bug in NM?

[1]: http://ubuntuone.com/1T2nTxtAyYjoMD64XFwkSx
[2]: http://ubuntuone.com/3wm6iofl3RkjyBul39zRVF
[3]: http://ubuntuone.com/46ycc6CrdJg43tKxHzsUl1