Re: review request: pavlix/distro

> From: "Colin Walters" <walters verbum org>
> On Sat, 2012-10-27 at 19:47 -0400, Pavel Simerda wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I would like to recieves comments on my 'pavlix/distro' branch that
> > consists
> > of three patches aiming towards distro-agnostic build system.
> >
> > http://cgit.freedesktop.org/NetworkManager/NetworkManager/log/?h=pavlix/distro
> >
> > dcbw: I recall that you wanted to build all plugins. The last patch
> > enables
> > you to do that but defaults to the current behavior.
>
> This patch makes total sense to me - for Red Hat, we don't want to
> install the legacy sysvinit script, but we do want the ifcfg plugin.

Thanks.

> And so by default now, this will only build the keyfile plugin?

The default is unchanged in this branch. We are building the same
plugins by default as we always did. That means keyfile *and* ifcfg-rh
on Fedora and some other systems.

> If so, that's totally cool by me for the gnome-ostree side (I added
> --with-distro=generic).

I maintained a --with-distro=generic patch too, in my branch, but I finally
switched to removing --with-distro entirely as it doesn't make much sense
to limit the builds to a bunch of default sets of options. Dan Williams
finally prevented me from adding --with-platform instead, so we'll have none
of them :).

Cheers,

Pavel