Re: [MM 0.6] Plumb up the SPN display-rule bits

Hey,

>>         A possible fix to handle the case where we don't know how much
>>         we can
>>
>>         read would be to try to read the first bytes of the record (3 or
>>         4 or 5
>>         just in case) to get the full record length of the record,
>>         assuming 1-3
>>         bytes max for the size field, so we read "A3" + size encoded in
>>         1 or 2
>>         or 3 bytes + "80"); and once we know the whole record size, read the
>>         exact list size.
>>

>>     Yeah, I thought about this, but had hoped to avoid it (If the record
>>     is present at all, there will be a minimum of 7 bytes -
>>     A3058003FFFFFF -  so I think that's the right amount for an initial
>>     read).
>>

>> Here's a version that does the 7-then-more retry. It works on my SIM
>> (retrying from 7 to 34 bytes, even though the entries are all FFFFFF);
>> see what you think.
>>

> That worked very well for me.
>
> Now that we have the 3 values we needed from the SIM card (2 flags +
> SPDI list), we could now also implement the "RequiredNameDisplay"
> property which contains the whole logic for us, as Dan suggested
> earlier. Given that this value depends on the current 3GPP operator ID,
> I would really include that new property in the 3GPP interface. Will try
> to implement this later on today.

I pushed now a '06-api-display-rules' branch in upstream git; with the
changes discussed here and a new "RequiredDisplayName" property.

Dan, Nathan, are you guys happy with the new branch? I'm not very
convinced yet about the flag property names...

--
Aleksander