Re: [MM 0.6] Plumb up the SPN display-rule bits

On Fri, Mar 9, 2012 at 9:30 AM, Nathan Williams <njw google com> wrote:
On Fri, Mar 9, 2012 at 8:19 AM, Aleksander Morgado <aleksander lanedo com> wrote:
A possible fix to handle the case where we don't know how much we can
read would be to try to read the first bytes of the record (3 or 4 or 5
just in case) to get the full record length of the record, assuming 1-3
bytes max for the size field, so we read "A3" + size encoded in 1 or 2
or 3 bytes + "80"); and once we know the whole record size, read the
exact list size.

Yeah, I thought about this, but had hoped to avoid it (If the record is present at all, there will be a minimum of 7 bytes - A3058003FFFFFF -  so I think that's the right amount for an initial read).

Here's a version that does the 7-then-more retry. It works on my SIM (retrying from 7 to 34 bytes, even though the entries are all FFFFFF); see what you think.

    - Nathan