Re: [MM 0.6] Plumb up the SPN display-rule bits

>         A possible fix to handle the case where we don't know how much
>         we can
>
>         read would be to try to read the first bytes of the record (3 or
>         4 or 5
>         just in case) to get the full record length of the record,
>         assuming 1-3
>         bytes max for the size field, so we read "A3" + size encoded in
>         1 or 2
>         or 3 bytes + "80"); and once we know the whole record size, read the
>         exact list size.
>

>     Yeah, I thought about this, but had hoped to avoid it (If the record
>     is present at all, there will be a minimum of 7 bytes -
>     A3058003FFFFFF -  so I think that's the right amount for an initial
>     read).
>

> Here's a version that does the 7-then-more retry. It works on my SIM
> (retrying from 7 to 34 bytes, even though the entries are all FFFFFF);
> see what you think.

That worked very well for me.

Now that we have the 3 values we needed from the SIM card (2 flags +
SPDI list), we could now also implement the "RequiredNameDisplay"
property which contains the whole logic for us, as Dan suggested
earlier. Given that this value depends on the current 3GPP operator ID,
I would really include that new property in the 3GPP interface. Will try
to implement this later on today.

--
Aleksander