Re: ZTE MF192 3G Modems

On Fri, Jul 20, 2012 at 3:35 PM, Aleksander Morgado
<aleksander lanedo com> wrote:

>>> Hello all,
>>>
>>> With regard to the above, is Dmitry's patch acceptable, or does it
>>> need some work (I am happy to do such work).
>>>

>> Dmitry's patch forces this specific modem to get connected with a
>> generic ATD call and PPP. But the modem supports Icera commands, and it
>> should better get connected using the built-in wwan interface. The
>> problem seems to be that the kernel doesn't export any wwan interface
>> here, so there's some work to be done likely there. Once the kernel
>> exports the wwan interface, I guess we should be able to connect with
>> the Icera subset of commands nicely.
>>
>> Dan, in the mean time, why don't we just check in _is_icera() if we have
>> a net port grabbed and if we don't, just warn and go on with the
>> Icera-less implementation?
>>

> Gah, I should have checked the repo before. This should already be
> handled in the following commit:
>
> http://cgit.freedesktop.org/ModemManager/ModemManager/commit/?h=MM_05&id=7dd42f1982720dd666bc4d7a4920f033bcf64662
>
> Brian: can you try to run the latest code from the MM_05 branch to see
> if it works for you?

 Ok. Will try this one. I should add that I have a full Wireshark USB
Capture of Windows driving the device. Windows uses AT commands over
the serial port(s) and starts PPP eventually. I can't attach this
trace here because it's too large. Can I send it directly to you?

--
Brian Gitonga Marete
Toshnix Systems - http://toshnix.com