Re: ZTE MF192 3G Modems

В Пн., 09/07/2012 в 21:28 +0300, Brian Gitonga Marete пишет:
> I forgot to attach wvdial.log. Now attached.
>
> BGM.
>
> On Mon, Jul 9, 2012 at 9:25 PM, Brian Gitonga Marete <marete toshnix com> wrote:
> > Hello all,
> >
> > I have the same (or very similar) ZTE MF192 modem referred to by
> > Dmitry Morozhnikov here:
> > https://mail.gnome.org/archives/networkmanager-list/2012-February/msg00014.html
> > My modem is supplied by Orange Kenya, for use in their Orange Internet
> > 3G service.
> >
> > In summary, it also does NOT work for me with MM/NM out of the box.
> > What is more, the patch suggested by Dmitry in the mail thread
> > referenced above suffices at least establish an Internet connection
> > that is fully usable.
> >
> > Wvdial works well with this MF192 device, and attached is my wvdial
> > config as wvdial.conf. I have also attached wvdial.log, so that you
> > can see what wvdial uses to successfully drive it.
> >
> > I was also able to capture a USB trace (using Wireshark) of windows
> > driving the modem from within a Virtualbox VM. I think this will allow
> > you to develop full support for this modem. The capture trace reflects
> > all traffic to/from the modem from hotplug to a short time after I
> > successfully "connect" from withing the Windows program. Please see
> > the attachment zte-mf192.cap.xz for this captured trace. View it from
> > Wireshark.
> >
> > Also attached are the files modem-manager.log and network-manager.log,
> > showing the log of a failed connection attempt (before applying the
> > patch referenced above). Please also see lsusb.txt for USB ID details
> > about my modem.
> >
> > One last thing: I can confirm that, as in Dmitry case, the AT commands
> > ZPAS? and ZSNT=1,0,0 do not seem to work on this modem. (And, in fact,
> > I don't see them in the Windows trace (zte-mf192.cap.xz) which
> > contains many AT commands to the modem.
> >
> > If I had a better idea about the structure/architecture of MM, I might
> > be able to help better, with actual code :)
> >
> > Please let me know if you need any further information.
> >
> > Thanks!

Hello, Brian!

Recently, I wrote to this list about ZTE MF192. I got it to work with
dhclient, see my previous messages:
https://mail.gnome.org/archives/networkmanager-list/2012-June/msg00003.html and https://mail.gnome.org/archives/networkmanager-list/2012-April/msg00043.html

Please, can you try my patches, and confirm them to work, or not.

--
Alexander Orlov