Re: ZTE MF192 3G Modems

>>> Hello Alexander,
>>>
>>> Sorry, I meant to say that my MF192 has ID 19d2:1517 initially and is
>>> switched to a device with ID 19d2:1519 by usb_modeswitch.
>>>
>>> Sorry about the confusion!
>>

>> Hello all,
>>
>> With regard to the above, is Dmitry's patch acceptable, or does it
>> need some work (I am happy to do such work).
>>

> Dmitry's patch forces this specific modem to get connected with a
> generic ATD call and PPP. But the modem supports Icera commands, and it
> should better get connected using the built-in wwan interface. The
> problem seems to be that the kernel doesn't export any wwan interface
> here, so there's some work to be done likely there. Once the kernel
> exports the wwan interface, I guess we should be able to connect with
> the Icera subset of commands nicely.
>
> Dan, in the mean time, why don't we just check in _is_icera() if we have
> a net port grabbed and if we don't, just warn and go on with the
> Icera-less implementation?

Gah, I should have checked the repo before. This should already be
handled in the following commit:

http://cgit.freedesktop.org/ModemManager/ModemManager/commit/?h=MM_05&id=7dd42f1982720dd666bc4d7a4920f033bcf64662

Brian: can you try to run the latest code from the MM_05 branch to see
if it works for you?

--
Aleksander