Re: ZTE MF192 3G Modems

>>> Hello Alexander,
>>>
>>> Thanks for your email!
>>>
>>> Unfortunately, the MF192 I have does not present with a
>>> pseudo-ethernet interface. Just the ttyACM* interfaces.  Dmitry
>>> Morozhnikov patch works for me. Do you have a suggestion that can help
>>> me expose a pseudo-ethernet interface if the device has one? Also,
>>> note that my device has the ID: 19d2:1519, and the latest
>>> usb_modeswitch data packages switches it to a device with ID:
>>> 19d2:1519.
>>
>> Hello Alexander,
>>
>> Sorry, I meant to say that my MF192 has ID 19d2:1517 initially and is
>> switched to a device with ID 19d2:1519 by usb_modeswitch.
>>
>> Sorry about the confusion!
>

> Hello all,
>
> With regard to the above, is Dmitry's patch acceptable, or does it
> need some work (I am happy to do such work).

Dmitry's patch forces this specific modem to get connected with a
generic ATD call and PPP. But the modem supports Icera commands, and it
should better get connected using the built-in wwan interface. The
problem seems to be that the kernel doesn't export any wwan interface
here, so there's some work to be done likely there. Once the kernel
exports the wwan interface, I guess we should be able to connect with
the Icera subset of commands nicely.

Dan, in the mean time, why don't we just check in _is_icera() if we have
a net port grabbed and if we don't, just warn and go on with the
Icera-less implementation?

--
Aleksander