Re: Missing SIM PIN dialog after nm update

On Tue, 2011-10-11 at 09:38 +0200, Arne Caspari wrote:
> Am Mon, 10 Oct 2011 16:31:06 +0100
> schrieb Sérgio Basto <sergio serjux com>:
>
> > I do
> > killall modem-manager
> >
> > Sfter some seconds modem was detected and   "SIM PIN dialog" was
> > appears.
>
> Unfortunately, this does not work for me. No matter if I unplug/plug
> the modem, kill modem-manager or whatever action I do, there never is a
> PIN dialog.
>
> I ran modem-manager and network-manager in debug mode; logs are here:
>
> modem-manager: http://pastebin.com/BmpU9wnu
> network-manager: http://pastebin.com/7uTS8TE8
>
> I also tried to send the PIN to the modem via "chat" directly, which
> had some effect since the light on the modem went from red to green but
> network manager still complains about a missing PIN in the logs and
> does not connect.

Run this command:

dbus-send --system --print-reply
--dest=org.freedesktop.ModemManager /org/freedesktop/ModemManager/Modems/0 org.freedesktop.DBus.Properties.GetAll string:"org.freedesktop.ModemManager.Modem"

what does the "UnlockRequired" property say?  Also, are you running
nm-applet?