Re: Wrong SIM-Pin not detected by MM?

On 15 November 2011 09:55, Thomas Bechtold <thomasbechtold jpberlin de> wrote:

> MM can handle different modems. Not only modems included in phones. eg.
> usb-umts-modems aks for the sim pin.

Absolutely. But in your first message you had a example for MM PIN handling
from an N900. Because N900 is a phone I did not understand how the
example could be relevant.

Probably the implementers of the N900 reasoned a bit like me: Because
entering the PIN is not relevant at the AT modem interface of the phone
at all, they just return ERROR instead of implementing anything real.

If you have an issue with PIN handling you would need to demonstrate it
with a 3G USB modem, which really requires PIN handling by MM.

Regards,

Uwe