Re: Subject: Wrong SIM-Pin not detected by MM?

On 13 November 2011 19:49, Thomas Bechtold <thomasbechtold jpberlin de> wrote:

> i tried NM 0.9 (latest from git) with MM 0.5 (from ubuntu 11.10) and
> recognized that MM does not detect a wrong SIM-Pin (with a Nokia N900).
> i used a wrong Pin (1234) and got the attached NM logs when i tried to
> activate the connection with "nmcli con up id simyo".

I have used N900 with NM many times before. Only with 0.8.x though and
only with the graphical applets (both GNOME and KDE).

I don't understand what you (or the software) want to do with the PIN
code at all.

For a USB modem the device is turned on in the computer (power comes
from USB) and there is no UI in the modem. So indeed, MM has to provide
the PIN code.

However, N900 is a phone. It is powered on and in the network before the
USB cable is even connected. The PIN is provided by the user via the
phone UI.  Once the modem connection is started there is no need to
provide the PIN a second time. Everyhting should work fine without it.

Or am I missing something here?

Regards,

Uwe