Re: Trouble with privileges on dev version of NM

> For some reason it does not scan wireless
> networks

Please edit /etc/networks/interfaces, comment everything except the
loopback network interface and do a #/etc/init.d/network-manager restart.
This may solve the problem.

> it requires root password to change connection settings.
That connection was created using NetworkManagerSystemSettings and it is
not a user setting.

> Hello!
> I'm testing the new NM DBus API, and for this I have installed git
version
> of
> NM (19019a8e0be66fc4121a3885392f904025b86231). It seems to work
> and compile,
> but there is one issue. For some reason it does not scan wireless networks
> (although it used to in 0.8), and also it requires root password to
change
> connection settings. I'm confused why it would behave this way. Is there
any
> documentation on how to set up the privileges for NM and nm-applet?
Thank you,