Re: How to Test NetworkManager 0.9

On Mon, Jun 13, 2011 at 10:04 AM, Dan Williams <dcbw redhat com> wrote:
> wpa_supplicant needs to be be built with the *new* D-Bus interface
> enabled, and the service activation file that D-Bus uses to launch it on
> demand needs to include the "-u" option so that the dbus interface is
> started at runtime.

Thanks for the follow up on this issue, I was just about to write
about my findings last weekend:

Indeed, I was debugging the execution of nm-tool, the D-Bus calls from
NM and those from wpa_supplicant and as far as I can tell, they are
not talking to each other the right way, so I guessed I had to find a
patch that fixes the communication between them two (what you mention
is the new D-Bus interface). I also stumbled upon a similar reply on
this list[0] but I wasn't able to determine if that patch is currently
included in Gentoo's revision of wpa_supplicant as I had some other
stuff to finish yesterday.

I'll find that out today about that patch and fix the D-Bus issue
which should get me up and running with NM 0.9.

Thanks again.

[0] http://mail.gnome.org/archives/networkmanager-list/2011-February/msg00027.html