Re: how to get signal strength of EVDO modem :

On Thu, 2011-01-13 at 13:21 -0800, Greg Suarez wrote:
> This is probably due to the modem port being busy because of the
> connection.  So NM can't send AT commands to query the modem while the
> modem is connected.

Except that most CDMA/EVDO devices do expose a QCDM port, which we can
use to get Ec/Io and thus create a signal strength while connected.  But
that port needs to be driven by something, and not all modem IDs are
known.  ModemManager will query exposed ports for QCDM capability
already, so if your modem's QCDM port isn't found through this mechanism
then please post the "lsusb -v" output for your device and we can see
whether it's likely to have a QCDM port or not.

Dan