Re: Unable to connect to mobile broadband: +CME ERROR:30

Am Donnerstag, den 14.10.2010, 11:09 +0200 schrieb Dan Williams
<dcbw redhat com>:
> On Thu, 2010-10-14 at 09:30 +0200, van Schelve wrote:
>> Am Mittwoch, den 13.10.2010, 21:00 +0200 schrieb van Schelve
>> <public van-schelve de>:

>> > We have completely identical hardware in the field. All the systems are
>> > Lenovo Thinkpad T61 with identical BIOS 2.10 version and the same
>> > firmware
>> > on the embedded sierra device : 1.1.8.3. I think changing the firmware
>> > a different version woud be a really bad option. Our systems are spread
>> > all over germany and I don't think the firmware update would be
>> > possible
>> > under linux.
>>
>> I talked about this problem with a contact at SierraWireless. He said
>> that
>> a firmware upgrade will not help in this case. But what can help is
>> checking
>> for PS attach and dial only if PS attach status is attached. Dialing
>> without
>> PS attach can bring modem into unwanted condition that sometimes
>> restart is
>> needed to recover.
>
> Hmm, interesting.  I'll try a few things out then.
>
> Dan

Hi Dan,

I got an additional hint I'll forward to you now:

"...
Since you have enabled +CREG=2 notification for registration, there is
no need to query registration status. Let the modem find the network and
register and you will be notified. So, do not execute +CREG?
Do not attempt PPP connection unless there is PS attach. As I mentioned
before, check for PS attach status after you have received registration.
..."

HG