Re: How to stop MM from configuring a specific modem? - SOLVED

On Thu, Oct 14, 2010 at 01:02:38AM -0400, Jason Glasgow wrote:

> This can be done via udev rules.
>
>    - Use lsusb to find the vendor id and product id of your modem.
>    - Write a new udev rules file, similar to
>    http://cgit.freedesktop.org/ModemManager/ModemManager/tree/src/77-mm-usb-device-blacklist.rules
>    - Have your rules file set ENV{ID_MM_DEVICE_IGNORE}="1"
>    - Put your udev file in /etc/udev/rules.d/ (or similar directory for you
>    distribution).

That worked, thanks!

I even updated the gnokii wiki, in case anyone else is having this issue:

  http://wiki.gnokii.org/index.php/Troubleshooting#Dealing_with_NetworkManager.2FModemManager_interference

Is there somewhere in the MM or NM docs that could be updated with similar
information?  I searched Google for "ID_MM_DEVICE_IGNORE", in case it
showed up something that I missed when I searched earlier, but I could not
find anything.

If there's an appropriate wiki, I'd be happy to contribute...

Regards, Msquared...