Re: How to stop MM from configuring a specific modem?
- From: Msquared <nmlist msquared id au>
- To: Dan Williams <dcbw redhat com>
- Cc: Network Manager <networkmanager-list gnome org>
- Subject: Re: How to stop MM from configuring a specific modem?
- Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2010 12:47:54 +0800
On Thu, Oct 14, 2010 at 10:48:22AM -0500, Dan Williams wrote:
> > Since I do not use the device as a modem, ModemManager interferes with
> > gnokii when the modem is first plugged in.
> After MM has detected the device, it doesn't keep the serial ports open
> unless you ask NetworkManager to enable it.
I did notice that, but I thought there must be a better way than just
waiting for a minute or two until MM has finished with it, since it's hard
to know when MM is done.
I have a low tolerance for unnecessary waits in software and computer
systems. :o) I hated the fact that my Palm Treo 650 could not send SMS
in the background. I love my new Nokia N900, since it will happily send
SMS in the backgroun. :)
> Or the ignore thing Jason suggested.
I've done this, since it was fairly simple to do!
] [Thread Prev