Re: How to stop MM from configuring a specific modem?

On Thu, Oct 14, 2010 at 10:48:22AM -0500, Dan Williams wrote:

> > Since I do not use the device as a modem, ModemManager interferes with
> > gnokii when the modem is first plugged in.
>
> After MM has detected the device, it doesn't keep the serial ports open
> unless you ask NetworkManager to enable it.

I did notice that, but I thought there must be a better way than just
waiting for a minute or two until MM has finished with it, since it's hard
to know when MM is done.

I have a low tolerance for unnecessary waits in software and computer
systems.  :o)  I hated the fact that my Palm Treo 650 could not send SMS
in the background.  I love my new Nokia N900, since it will happily send
SMS in the backgroun.  :)

> Or the ignore thing Jason suggested.

I've done this, since it was fairly simple to do!

Regards, Msquared...