Re: How to stop MM from configuring a specific modem?
- From: Jason Glasgow <jglasgow google com>
- To: Msquared <nmlist msquared id au>
- Cc: Network Manager <networkmanager-list gnome org>
- Subject: Re: How to stop MM from configuring a specific modem?
- Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2010 01:02:38 -0400
This can be done via udev rules.
On Wed, Oct 13, 2010 at 11:16 PM, Msquared <nmlist msquared id au>
How do I configure ModemManager to ignore a specific USB 3G modem?
I have a 3G USB modem that I'm using with gnokii to reprogram phonebooks
on SIM cards.
Since I do not use the device as a modem, ModemManager interferes with
gnokii when the modem is first plugged in.
So far I've only been able to completely disable MM or uninstall it, to
stop it from interfering with the modem.
I tried adding the device to NetworkManager's unmanaged-devices list, but
of course that just stops NM from using the modem; it doesn't stop MM from
configuring the modem.
Is there a way to stop MM from messing with a specific modem?
networkmanager-list mailing list
networkmanager-list gnome org
] [Thread Prev