Re: Issues with iPhone tethering after phone disconnect

On 03/10/2010 03:06 PM, Valent Turkovic wrote:
On Wed, Mar 10, 2010 at 8:51 PM, Nathaniel McCallum
<nathaniel natemccallum com>  wrote:
On 03/10/2010 02:44 PM, Valent Turkovic wrote:

The only way I've found to fix this is to turn off bluetooth on the
iPhone
and then turn it back on.

1. Go to: Settings ->    General ->    Bluetooth
2. Flip the Bluetooth switch off
3. Count to 5
4. Flip it back on

Rebooting the phone does *not* work.

This is either an iPhone bug or bluez is doing something funky to put the
iPhone bluetooth daemon in a weird state.

Nathaniel

I'm also having this issue. Has anybody resolved this issue? I had
bluetooth working on Fedora 12 with iPhone in December 2009 so I guess
some of updates since them broke something. Any suggestions?

Cheers!

I had the same problems with F12 in December.  In fact, I've always had the
problem.  I think the bug is actually an iphone bug, but is triggered by
bluez.  Cross your fingers that it will be fixed in iphone OS 4.0.

Nathaniel

I have windows on my business laptop (HP Mini 5101) and tested it
there under windows and iPhone sees it immediately, reboot to Fedora
12 and iPhone doesn't see it :( I checked that laptop has enabled
discovery under bluetooth settings.

Tried downgrading gnome-bluetooth* packages and rebooting still same issue :(

What packages can I try do downgrade also? I saw reports that some
users have issue with bluetooth pairing and tethering with jailbroken
iPhones... but why does it work with Windows?!?

Maybe to downgrade NetworkManager packages?

Actually, I'm running the latest NM from F13 and my tethering appears not to work at all. I think its hanging on carrier detection. If I run dhclient in a terminal, I get an IP immediately, but NM just keeps circling....

Nathaniel