Re: Issues with iPhone tethering after phone disconnect

On Wed, Mar 10, 2010 at 8:51 PM, Nathaniel McCallum
<nathaniel natemccallum com> wrote:
> On 03/10/2010 02:44 PM, Valent Turkovic wrote:
>>>
>>> The only way I've found to fix this is to turn off bluetooth on the
>>> iPhone
>>> and then turn it back on.
>>>
>>> 1. Go to: Settings ->  General ->  Bluetooth
>>> 2. Flip the Bluetooth switch off
>>> 3. Count to 5
>>> 4. Flip it back on
>>>
>>> Rebooting the phone does *not* work.
>>>
>>> This is either an iPhone bug or bluez is doing something funky to put the
>>> iPhone bluetooth daemon in a weird state.
>>>
>>> Nathaniel
>>
>> I'm also having this issue. Has anybody resolved this issue? I had
>> bluetooth working on Fedora 12 with iPhone in December 2009 so I guess
>> some of updates since them broke something. Any suggestions?
>>
>> Cheers!
>
> I had the same problems with F12 in December.  In fact, I've always had the
> problem.  I think the bug is actually an iphone bug, but is triggered by
> bluez.  Cross your fingers that it will be fixed in iphone OS 4.0.
>
> Nathaniel

I have windows on my business laptop (HP Mini 5101) and tested it
there under windows and iPhone sees it immediately, reboot to Fedora
12 and iPhone doesn't see it :( I checked that laptop has enabled
discovery under bluetooth settings.

Tried downgrading gnome-bluetooth* packages and rebooting still same issue :(

What packages can I try do downgrade also? I saw reports that some
users have issue with bluetooth pairing and tethering with jailbroken
iPhones... but why does it work with Windows?!?

Maybe to downgrade NetworkManager packages?

--
pratite me na twitteru - www.twitter.com/valentt
blog: http://kernelreloaded.blog385.com