Re: Get uuid of connection

On 07/21/2010 11:41 AM, Arlen Nascimento wrote:
> Ok, i could add a connection, but it is a system connection.
> As far as i noted, in order to this connection I created be detected by
> the scripts i'm using, it has to be a user connection.
> How to create a user connection in the command line?

I'm afraid that is much more difficult to do.  The method of adding user
connections is dependent on which NetworkManager client is in use. Each
client choses its own method of storing config data and then exports
that over DBus for the daemon to use.  Most (all?) NM clients don't
support editing user connections over DBus, so you would need to edit
the config files directly.  For example, nm-applet stores its config
data in GConf under /system/networking/connections.  gconftool-2 may be
useful for editing that.

Also, current plans are that the next major version of NetworkManager
will drop support for user connections. (They are to be replaced with
beefed-up security controls for system connections: see
http://live.gnome.org/NetworkManager/RemovingUserSettings for more
details on that.) So if it's at all possible, I'd recommend trying to
get the scripts to work with system connections.

Have a good one,
Daniel