Re: Get uuid of connection

Ok, but the thing is: i need to setup and "run" a connection without the user intervention

On Fri, Jul 16, 2010 at 7:45 PM, Daniel Gnoutcheff <daniel gnoutcheff name> wrote:
On 07/16/2010 10:16 AM, Arlen Nascimento wrote:
> Hi, all,
> I noted that the uuid is created only after when you click on the
> connection on nm-applet. Is it right?

Sometimes. The UUID is generated (I think) whenever a connection is
created. (By "connection", I mean "a group of settings data that
describes how to use a particular network".)

When the user clicks on an entry that represents a network that they
haven't used before, the applet creates a connection for that network
and then asks the daemon to use it. And when it creates this connection,
it creates a UUID to identify it. So in that particular case, yes: among
other things, a UUID is generated in response to that click.

However, UUIDs are also created when creating a new connection via the
connection editor. Also, when a user selects a network that they already
have a saved connection for (possibly because they used it previously),
then the applet just re-uses the connection data they already have. And
that connection will already have a UUID in it. So in that case, no UUID
needs to be generated.

HTH!

Have a good one,
Daniel