Re: Re: Problems with btdun branch

> I've merged DUN to master in both nm-applet and NM.  And fixed the bugs
> you found (the state assertion, the BlingSpinner name collision, and a
> few more).  If you wouldn't mind testing that, I'd be grateful.
>
> Thanks,
> Dan

Hi Dan,

it has taken some time for me because I would like to clearify a new
problem
that came up with the latest master from git. I compiled the sources and
installed them on my test system. Now it is not longer possible to bring
up any dhcp based connection:

NetworkManager: <info>  Activation (eth0) Stage 3 of 5 (IP Configure
Start) scheduled.
NetworkManager: <info>  Activation (eth0) Stage 2 of 5 (Device Configure)
complete.
NetworkManager: <info>  Activation (eth0) Stage 3 of 5 (IP Configure
Start) started...
NetworkManager: <info>  (eth0): device state change: 5 -> 7 (reason 0)
NetworkManager: Activation (eth0) Beginning DHCPv4 transaction (timeout in
45 seconds)
NetworkManager: <info>  dhclient started with pid 2478
NetworkManager: <info>  Activation (eth0) Stage 4 of 5 (IP6 Configure Get)
scheduled...
NetworkManager: <info>  Activation (eth0) Stage 3 of 5 (IP Configure
Start) complete.
NetworkManager: <info>  Activation (eth0) Stage 4 of 5 (IP6 Configure Get)
started...
NetworkManager: <info>  Activation (eth0) Stage 4 of 5 (IP6 Configure Get)
complete.
NetworkManager: <info>  (wlan0): supplicant interface state:  starting ->
ready
NetworkManager: <info>  (wlan0): device state change: 2 -> 3 (reason 42)
Internet Systems Consortium DHCP Client V3.1.3
Copyright 2004-2009 Internet Systems Consortium.
All rights reserved.
For info, please visit https://www.isc.org/software/dhcp/
Usage: dhclient [-1dqrx] [-nw] [-p <port>] [-s server]
                [-cf config-file] [-lf lease-file][-pf pid-file] [-e
VAR=val]
                [-sf script-file] [interface]

but at the end I tested against the main issue. This looks like to be
resolved.
So it is now possible to bring up dun based bt connections directly.

Thank you!

It's still open that system wide connections for BT cannot be configured
with nm-connection-editor.
Also when creating them directly in the filesystem they are ignored.

Hans-Gerd