Re: network-manager-openconnect, was Re: Error messages / traceroute

On Tue, 2010-02-23 at 12:55 +0100, Johannes Becker wrote:
> I tried the ubuntu 9.10 live CD. I installed the ubuntu packages
>
> network-manager-openconnect Version:
> 0.8~a~git.20090828t161429.dfe1b50-0ubuntu2
>
> openconnect Version: 2.01-1

I think you may need to reboot (or at least restart NM and dbus-daemon)
before the new NetworkManager plugin works.

> You are asked to fill in a gateway and a username.
> There is no field for a password.

That's expected. The authentication dialog asks you for a password when
you connect.

> If you click on the configured vpn-connection, there is an error message
> about invalid VPN-Secrets  (as it translates from German to English)

Yeah, NetworkManager says that for just about every error, instead of
something sensible :)

> If you start nm-applet in a terminal, you get during the configuration
> process:
>
>  ** (nm-connection-editor:3183): WARNING **: Invalid setting VPN: gateway
>
> and while trying to connect:
>
> ** (nm-applet:3163): WARNING **: _nm_object_get_property: Error
> getting 'State' for /org/freedesktop/NetworkManager/ActiveConnection/4:
> Method "Get" with signature "ss" on
> interface "org.freedesktop.DBus.Properties" doesn't exist

If this persists after a reboot, networkmanager-list gnome org is
probably the best place to continue.

David Woodhouse intel com                              Intel Corporation