Re: after execute test file d/l from git, wireless not ready, also cannot connect through Ethernet.

On Wed, 2010-12-15 at 11:38 +0700, inthawadee C. wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> After downloading sources of the core NetworkManager daemon from git,
> I executed many test files for several times without any problems. The
> NM worked fine.
> However, on the following day the NM-applet shows  "wireless not
> ready". All connections, both lan and wlan, cannot be established.
>
> Did I do something wrong?
>
> The OS I used is Ubuntu 10.04.1 LTS.

If you're using NM git master, make sure you have wpa_supplicant 0.7.3
or greater.  git master just changed to require that version of
wpa_supplicant about a week ago.  0.8.x will remain dependent on the old
wpa_supplicant D-Bus interface since it's the stable branch.

Also make sure your wpa_supplicant 0.7.3 is built with:

CONFIG_CTRL_IFACE_DBUS_NEW=y

in the .config file.