Re: modem-manager: No-Plugins and networkmanager not able to detect modem device

Hi Bin,

I solved the problem and now the modem can do auto-connection. The original problem was caused by sid 0 re-signed to be sid 99 issue as posted in the website

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/network-manager/+bug/456612

Thank you very much for the help. One more confusing question, will networkmanager 8.0 always need modem-manager to manage modem or itself can do modem management if I just need connectivity rather than need sms or signal strength detection?

thanks

Xiaohong