Re: start modem with networkmanager 0.8.0

Dear Xiaohong,

Am Donnerstag, den 26.08.2010, 16:44 -0700 schrieb hong sheng:

> I am using networkmanager 0.8.0 to start NetworkManager. I see wifi
> started.
> However, I didn't find a way to start a cdma modem. By the way, I
> didn't run modem-manager independently. I assume NetworkManager
> handles all modem starts, get connection or disconnection issue
> because I saw there is a folder under 'src' called 'modem-manager'.
>
> Here is my several questions:
>
> 1. NetworkManager called "nm_modem_manager_init"  at the very
> beginning, and then this function checked
> "nm_dbus_manager_name_has_owner" and then fails because of no owner
> name, and then "modem_manager_disappeared", any reasons this happens?
>
> 2. nm_udev_manager_query_devices doesn't find modem device, which is
> under .../serialxxxx directory for ttyUSB0-ttyUSB3. It only finds wifi
> and a usb0 device which is not for modem.
>
> Will nm_udev_manager_query_devices() query all devices in the whole
> system?
> or it just query the devices under certain folders or certain device
> names?

it is not clean to me, if you got your CDMA modem working.

Anyway, to help debugging, please tell us what distribution you use and
what versions (dependencies of NetworkManager) you have installed.

By the way, ModemManager has to be installed to be able to use modems.

[…]

Thanks,

Paul

PS: Please just send plain text messages to mailing lists [1].

[1] http://www.asciiribbon.org/