modem-manager: No-Plugins and networkmanager not able to detect modem device

Hi:

I am using modem-manager 0.3, when I run modem-manager, it complains: "No-plugins". What does it mean? I am new to modem-manager.

When I run networkManger 0.8.0, it seems networkmanager doesn't detect the modem in the query_devices with udev_manager. However, I see the device under /dev/ttyUSB0, Can anyone tell me why udev_manager doesn't detect the modem?

thanks for the help

Xiaohong