Re: keyfile plugin initialization and wireless at boot

On Mon, 2010-04-19 at 22:45 -0400, Daniel Gnoutcheff wrote:
> Some more things to try:
>
> - Could you confirm my observations? I.e. does N-M at least start
> looking at /etc/NetworkManager/system-connections after doing one of (1)
> removing eth0 related lines from /etc/network/interfaces, (2) setting
> "managed=true", or (3) disabling ifupdown?

(1) Lots more stuff happened then before.  wlan is up, gets IP, works
well
(2) Lots more stuff happened then before.  wlan is up, gets IP, works
well
(3) Lots more stuff happened then before.  wlan is up, gets IP, works
well

> - If you manage to get N-M to start looking at
> /etc/NetworkManager/system-connections, does "Available to all users"
> start to work?

No, but Casa, my system-connections/ connection shows up.  Sweet!  I
can't edit it.

> - If not ... hmm ... an adventure into D-Bus and PolicyKit may await us.
> :( Hopefully, this is just a matter of the relevant policy config files
> not being installed. Try this smoke-test:
>    dbus-send --print-reply --system \
>      --dest=org.freedesktop.NetworkManagerSystemSettings \
>      /org/freedesktop/NetworkManagerSettings \
>      org.freedesktop.NetworkManagerSettings.ListConnections

I'll investigate later tonight, maybe tomorrow.  Thanks all for your
help.

--
Brian DeRocher <brian derocher org>