Re: NM does not completely handle default route

On Sun, 2009-10-11 at 22:44 +0200, Robert Vogelgesang wrote:
> On Sun, Oct 11, 2009 at 03:12:05PM -0400, Gene Czarcinski wrote:
> >
> > See the attached patch in another email.  My choice of parameter/option is
> > NM_NEVER_DEFAULT= for devices/NICs/connections that should never be the
> > default route.
> [...]
> >
> > The code/logic change to use NM_ALLOWDEFAULT= rather than what I used
> > (NM_NEVER_DEFAULT_=) should be minor if that is preferred.
>
> I don't really care either if it'll be NEVERDEFAULT or ALLOWDEFAULT.
>
> But why be so humble and prefix this option with "NM_"?  I'd rather avoid
> anything that could keep others (i. e. system-config-network and the
> networking init scripts) from using this option/concept; they could
> benefit from this as well.  ;-)

In the name of consistency, the Fedora PPP code has "DEFROUTE=no|yes"
which we should probably re-use for this instead of NM_NEVER_DEFAULT.
The mapping there is pretty clear.

NM should also honor GATEWAYDEV if it's set, but never try to write it
back out.  On write-out we should simply set DEFROUTE=no in the
connection's ifcfg.

Gene, care to respin the patch with DEFROUTE?