Re: VPN fails with "The VPN service was invalid"

On Fri, 2009-10-09 at 08:01 +0200, Tobias Kaminsky wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am using Gentoo with following versions:
> NM: 0.8.0_pre20090824
> NM-applet: 9999 (svn)
> VPNC: 0.5.3
>
> Connecting to VPN via vpnc start works fine.
> Changing from VPN to "normal" WLAN via Applet  also.

Did you install the network-manager-vpnc package and try to connect
without restarting?  At the moment, NM will not recognize new VPN
plugins without a restart, which is a know bug on the list to fix.

That specific error  means NetworkManager doesn't know about the VPN
service because it did not read that VPN's .name file
(ie /etc/NetworkManager/VPN/nm-vpnc-service.name) when it started up.

Dan