Re: Passwords and nm-applet

On Mon, 2009-10-12 at 07:53 +0300, D.P. wrote:
> On Sun, 11 Oct 2009 19:09:47 -0400
> Darren Albers <dalbers gmail com> wrote:
>
> > See below inline.
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > On Sun, Oct 11, 2009 at 6:28 PM, D.P. <aspamkiller yandex ru> wrote:
> > > Hi, people
> > >
> > > [ system archlinux, kernel 2.6.31.3-brainfuck modified,
> > > netbook acer aspire one, networkmanager 0.7.1, xfce 4.6.1 ]
> > >
> > > 0. The first issue - nm-applet store passwords in gnome-keyring, and
> > > then asks for a password every time I login. Smells like offtopick
> >
> > Are you using autologin?
>
> No, I don`t.  I use slim for login. nm-applet asks me for a password
> after login, and then asks for permission to access to database
> (another dialog).

pam_gnome_keyring.so

that PAM module will unlock your keyring automatically when you log in,
assuming that your login password and keyring password are the same.  In
fedora we package that up in the gnome-keyring-pam package, which is
built from the gnome-keyring sources.  Your login manager should be
adding a PAM rule to /etc/pam.d to ensure the keyring PAM plugin gets
run on login as well.