Re: [Fwd: update to service providers list for meteor.ie]

Dan Williams a écrit :

> I've pushed the BBTG APN; I guess I want a bit more info about the isp
> vs. data APN thing.  Can somebody log into mymeteor.ie and look for some
> support pages that list APN config options?  They seem to have put that
> stuff behind the login.

Once you are logged in you can access the "Download Settings" page. This
page is basically here to send you settings by text. First you have to
select your phone model. Then you select one out of currently four
options. Only one of them is sending you an APN, and it's
"data.mymeteor.ie"; you cannot get the "isp.mymeteor.ie" APN sent to
your phone.

1. Meteor WAP and Meteor MMS     : "Web?" + Multimedia Messaging
2. Email                         : Email (POP3 + SMTP)
3. Meteor DATA                   : "Web?" + APN data.mymeteor.ie
4. Streaming                     : "Streaming" settings (?!)

Here the corresponding "documentation":
> WAP is used to browse the internet & email.
> MMS is used to allow you to send MMS (Picture Messages)
> Streaming is use to stream media online from sites such as YouTube.

I guess "Web" settings hold an http:// URL to be used as a home page. Anything else?

For me right now isp.mymeteor.ie and data.mymeteor.ie work exactly the
same. But many months ago, before data.mymeteor.ie even existed, I had
to repeatedly ask support to enable isp.mymeteor.ie for my account,
whereas "data" worked out of the box. I have read in several (NON
authoritative) forums that isp.mymeteor.ie is being phased out.

My experience with the "wap.mymeteor.ie" APN is that it is an APN of the
"walled garden" type. Never tried the mms.mymeteor.ie APN (and never could send
any MMS...)

I would just go with data.mymeteor.ie and forget isp.mymeteor.ie

Cheers,

Marc