Re: Internet connection sharing

On Fri, 2009-11-13 at 02:05 +0100, Benoit Boissinot wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 13, 2009 at 12:28 AM, Fernando Pereira <ferdonline gmail com> wrote:
> > Thanks for the reply.
> > Hum... if it does NAT then how can users know about that? But actually, many
> > times I want to share the internet I get via wireless to my wired
> > connection. It acts the same way?
>
> Yes you can create a shared wired connection via the edit connections
> window too.

When doing that, in the IPv4 tab, choose the "Shared" IPv4 method.
Then, hook up your wired cable, and pick your new shared connection from
the menu.  NM will now NAT the wired subnet to the current default
connection, which I assume would be your wifi.  You can also share 3G ->
wired this way.  Or 3G -> wifi.  etc.