Internet connection sharing

Hi there,
first of all this is my first post to this list. Cheers everybody!

I'm just starting a telecom projects related so I'm using linux (ubuntu) quite intensively.
One thing that i'm doing all the time is to share the network access with NAT (you know... iptables, masquerading, ip forwarding...).
And I though: Isn't it just missing in network-manager? MSWindows does this with two clicks, so such option could certainly follow the ideal of "simple and useful".
Forgive me if it was already though, implemented or discarded, but I'm new to this place.

Fernando