Re: Multiple active devices

Hello,

When I install the packages from this repository (http://ppa.launchpad.net/network-manager/trunk/ubuntu/ karmic main), if I boot with kernel 2.6.31-15-generic my eeepc freezes shortly after it reaches gdm. With 2.6.31-14-generic it all works ok and kernel 2.6.31-15-generic with network manager from the official repositories also works ok. Is this a kernel bug that should be reported or is this related to network manager in some way?

Thanks in advance. If anything is needed from me to help debug the problem just ask, I'll be glad to help.

Luís Silva

On Thu, 2009-11-12 at 09:53 +0200, Rudolf Meijering wrote:
Hi Yann,

What you describe is a bug in Network Manager, a fix has been released. Add this to your software sources: http://ppa.launchpad.net/network-manager/trunk/ubuntu/ karmic main  After you've updated ubuntu Network Manager should work again.

On Thu, Nov 12, 2009 at 4:09 AM, Yann Ubuntu <yannubuntu gmail com> wrote:
>> I'm trying to gather more information on when people actually need to use PPPoE on their machine
>> instead of just letting their wifi/cable/dsl router do it for them.
>>
>> Dan

Hi Dan,
for example in Japan I don't have any wifi/cable/dsl router at home. I
directly connect my LAN cable to the wall plug. I suppose my flat's
building has a central DSL or maybe fiber "modem" and access is
brought to everybody inside via standard Ethernet
cabling.

With Ubuntu9.04, I can connect with NetworkManager by entering my
login/password in the "DSL" tab.
With Ubuntu9.10, I made updates (normal ones, no PPA) 2days ago with
another internet access, and still can't connect at home with
NetworkManager.
I did a test on another Ubuntu9.10 install : i could connect with the
"sudo pppoeconfig" command.

Hope this helps.

~Yann

Rudolf Meijering