Re: Multiple active devices

On Sat, 2009-11-07 at 19:35 +0200, Rudolf Meijering wrote:
> Hi,
>
> NetworkManager is able to have multiple active devices, but still
> unable to connect to a PPPoE connection and eth0 at the same time.
> With the current design of NetworkManager how hard is it to implement
> being able to connect to both at the same time? Are there any plans to
> implement this in the foreseeable future?

It's been discussed a few times on the mailing list.  It's not hard, it
probably involves doing both the PPPoE and the normal IP4 config in
parallel like the IP4 and IP6 are done right now.  It's definitely been
requested quite a few times.

If I may ask, what's your network setup?  I'm trying to gather more
information on when people actually need to use PPPoE on their machine
instead of just letting their wifi/cable/dsl router do it for them.