Re: Multiple active devices

>> I'm trying to gather more information on when people actually need to use PPPoE on their machine
>> instead of just letting their wifi/cable/dsl router do it for them.
>>
>> Dan

Hi Dan,
for example in Japan I don't have any wifi/cable/dsl router at home. I
directly connect my LAN cable to the wall plug. I suppose my flat's
building has a central DSL or maybe fiber "modem" and access is
brought to everybody inside via standard Ethernet
cabling.

With Ubuntu9.04, I can connect with NetworkManager by entering my
login/password in the "DSL" tab.
With Ubuntu9.10, I made updates (normal ones, no PPA) 2days ago with
another internet access, and still can't connect at home with
NetworkManager.
I did a test on another Ubuntu9.10 install : i could connect with the
"sudo pppoeconfig" command.

Hope this helps.

~Yann