Re: APN list: adding mcc & mnc

On Wed, Apr 22, 2009 at 11:17, Martijn Cox (LiveContacts)
<m cox livecontacts com> wrote:
> Sorry for the delayed response, I have been busy otherwise. Attached, you'll find our complete list of mnc&mcc tagged APN's. As stated before, not all apns are tagged with the correct mcc's and mnc's; some apns have the '123456789' marker for either country, network code or both, which means we don't know how to link the apn to a particular mcc & mnc (simply because we couldn't find that information or didn't have the time to search longer).
>        Does the format in which we supplied mcc and mnc information to the list suit everybody's needs? It works well for us.

It doesn't work well for NetworkManager. There's no way to construct
the network id (which NM requires) based on provider when the country
has more than one MCC. Here's my proposal: Add mcc and mnc attributes
to each 'provider' tag, so it would look something like:

<provider mcc="248" mnc="02">
<name>Elisa</name>
</provider>

or, if people hate attributes (as it appears from the current schema
:), just tags inside "provider":

<provider>
<mcc>248</mcc>
<mnc>02M</mnc>
<name>Elisa</name>
</provider>

or, just one attribute/tag for mcc/mnc code, it's not rocket science
to split it in code (if needed):

<provider code="24802">
</provider>

Tambet