iPass Integration

I was wondering if anyone has considered how to take advantage of
iPass hotspots on Linux systems.  Could a plugin be written for
NetworkManager that would allow for iPass authentication at their
supported hotspots?

As it stands, Linux users must follow various convoluted steps to try
to get web authentication working since iPass does not provide a
native Linux client.  Those steps seem to vary by location.  I was
just wondering if anyone has considered this Linux limitation and is
working on a solution.

/Brian/