Re: iPass Integration

On Tue, 2009-05-19 at 09:26 -0400, Brian Long wrote:
> I was wondering if anyone has considered how to take advantage of
> iPass hotspots on Linux systems.  Could a plugin be written for
> NetworkManager that would allow for iPass authentication at their
> supported hotspots?

Do these require a re-DHCP after authenticating?  If not, they could
work transparently using dispatcher scripts, or a program listening on
D-Bus for new network connections to known SSIDs, then performing the
auto-login with stored credentials.  This has already been proven to
work for various AT&T wifi hotspots, there are some links around for it.

Dan