Re: How to set up "wireless repeater" with Network Manager 0.7?

Hi Herbert,

   You're right, generally a "repeater" implies a Layer 2 construct,
and I am certainly trying to use NetworkManager to create a layer 3
NAT. I used the term "repeater", because it seemed the most concise
way to explain what my goals were, however I probably should have just
said: to share internet from one wireless card to another via a layer
3 NAT, using NetworkManager to configure the NAT. From now on, I'll
call the "repeater" a "router" as that seems to imply Layer 3 NAT.

   Given that the connection sharing fails in the way I described (the
"repeater"/"router" nominating itself as nameserver, but failing to
forward DNS requests), should I file a bug report? If so, would it be
better to file it upstream, with you, or downstream, with my distro?

   Finally, in terms of searching for a quick fix to work around this
probable bug, could anyone tell me if it is possible to configure the
nameservers that are served by NetworkManager via DHCP/dnsmasq?

   Please let me know. Thanks,

   Jake