Re: network-manager-n2n

On Mon, 2009-06-08 at 20:03 +0100, David Woodhouse wrote:
> On Mon, 2009-06-08 at 12:23 -0400, Ryan Shea wrote:
> > Excellent, thanks David.  I did all my search/replace and found where
> > the argv options were sent to vpnc, so once I figure out how to take
> > the parameters I gathered through the gui dialog, and figure out how
> > the code ties into the glade form boxes I created, I should be able to
> > slap those in, compile and test.
>
> You don't even need to do that, do you? You can put the configuration in
> with gconf-editor, and worry about the GUI configuration later :)

Well, think about GUI config now *too*, since otherwise, you're
basically giving users the finger.  If the VPN has a lot of options, a
lot of thought needs to go into the interface to make sure you don't
just have a huge dialog with a bunch of buttons that no user can ever
hope to comprehend.  Just making it "the sysadmin's problem" isn't the
right solution either.

But if you're just getting it up and running for now, then yeah, the GUI
bits aren't necessary quite yet, but can be done after that.

Dan