Re: Network-Manager and Tethered Blackberry's

On Sun, 2009-01-25 at 20:33 -0500, Darren Albers wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 24, 2009 at 10:49 PM, Darren Albers <dalbers gmail com> wrote:
> > I recently replaced my trusty Aircard 860 with a Blackberry Bold (So I
> > no longer had to carry a Blackberry and an Aircard).
> >
> > The device works great using Barry
> > (http://www.netdirect.ca/software/packages/barry/) and their provided
> > chatscript but it uses the pty option to call their application called
> > pppob which is used to communicate with the blackberry and initialize
> > modem mode.
> >
> > I assume there is no way for Network-Manager to call the pty option?
> >

> Rick from the Barry Mailing list pointed me to his application
> XmBlackberry which allows the Blackberry to be called over
> /dev/bbmodem0
>
> Is there any documentation on what is needed in the 10-modem.fdi so
> that Network Manager can recognize this device as a GSM Modem?

is /dev/bbmodem0 a serial port you can connect to with minicom and do a
minimal ATI or AT+GCAP or something?  Can you grab that output for me if
you can get it?

Next, you'll want the /sbin/lsusb information for the BB for now, look
for the block that has "/dev/bbmodem0" in it, which you can use to
modify 10-modem.fdi.