Re: wireless networking no longer works.

On Sun, 2009-02-01 at 14:47 -0600, Tom Bourke wrote:
> Hello all.  I have had fedora 10 installed on my laptop for some time
> and networking had been good.  The network would even survive suspend
> and hibernate.  Last week did a full reinstall of fedora 10 on 2
> identical laptops.  Acer Aspire 3680-2633.  Atheros Communications Inc.
> AR2413 802.11bg.  Every thing worked fine. Including wls network.

What kernel version?  What's the output of "/sbin/lsmod | grep ath5k"
and "/sbin/lsmod | grep ath9k" ?  It sounds a lot like flaky drivers.

When you run into the problem of not being able to see networks you know
are present, drop to a command-line and as root, run "iwlist wlan0
scan".  Does the network show up there?  If it reports "No scan results
available", the driver has a bug.  If your AP doesn't show up, try
"iwlist wlan0 scan" again.  If the AP *still* doesn't show up, there's
probably a driver bug.

Dan