Re: NetworkManager and domain names

On Sat, 2009-12-05 at 09:54 +0000, Rick Jones wrote:
> --On Friday, December 04, 2009 16:34:48 -0800 Dan Williams
> <dcbw redhat com> wrote:
>
> > On Sun, 2009-11-29 at 18:40 +0000, Alex Buell wrote:
> >> I use NetworkManager with three's mobile broadband. I have just found
> >> out that it is not able to obtain a domain name with dhcpcd. Any ideas
> >> how I can force NetworkManager into getting a domain name from three's
> >> DHCP servers? Thanks for any advice given!
>
> I'm curious as to what domain name you'd expect to see, snd what it would
> do for you?

I'd expect to see something like <hostname>.wibble.three.com etc., the
reason why I ask is because Evolution likes to have a FQDN when posting
to news via leafnode which I use on my laptop. If there's no FQDN or an
invalid one, leafnode refuses to accept any posts.

This is only a problem when away from home. When at home I do have a
proper FQDN from my router.
--
http://www.munted.org.uk

One very high maintenance cat living here.