Re: howto disable default multiple device activation?

Stephen J. Gowdy a écrit :
> When in the office I could previously
> do 50MB/s from my laptop. If I don't manually disable the wireless
> connection I only get 3MB/s. The routing table looks okay;
>
> [root antonia ~]# route
> Kernel IP routing table
> Destination     Gateway         Genmask         Flags Metric Ref    Use Iface
> 128.141.0.0     *               255.255.0.0     U     1      0        0 eth0
> 128.141.0.0     *               255.255.0.0     U     2      0        0 wlan0
> default         default-route-2 0.0.0.0         UG    0      0        0 eth0
>
> but somehow it slows everything down.

Your own routing table decides where you _send_ packets, not where you receive them. Basically you cannot tell others "please send to me using Fedex rather than UPS". Each IP node has its own routing table to decide independently (OK, full blown routers are admittedly able to discuss about their routing tables, but that really does not seem to be your case).

> Perhaps it decides to use wlan0 to send ACK packets?

In theory anything is possible but in practice I have never heard about an IP routing table handling TCP ACK specially...

I realize this does not answer your main question.

Cheers,

Marc