Re: howto disable default multiple device activation?

Hi All,
	This was a thread in November last year;

http://mail.gnome.org/archives/networkmanager-list/2008-November/msg00242.html

I'm in more-or-less the same situation as the original poster (except I don't have a girl friend to visit). When in the office I could previously do 50MB/s from my laptop. If I don't manually disable the wireless connection I only get 3MB/s. The routing table looks okay;

[root antonia ~]# route
Kernel IP routing table
Destination     Gateway         Genmask         Flags Metric Ref    Use Iface
128.141.0.0     *               255.255.0.0     U     1      0        0 eth0
128.141.0.0     *               255.255.0.0     U     2      0        0 wlan0
default         default-route-2 0.0.0.0         UG    0      0        0 eth0

but somehow it slows everything down. Perhaps it decides to use wlan0 to send ACK packets? So to reiterate the question that wasn't answered in that thread: is there a way to turn this off so that once the Ethernet is connected it will automatically bring down the wireless network?

							regards,

							Stephen.

--
|Stephen J. Gowdy                     | CERN       Office: 8-1-11|