Re: how can I disconnect?

On Tue, 2009-04-28 at 17:59 +0200, Nicolò Chieffo wrote:
> That sounds good!

It was something we'd tossed around; the only issues are UI issues so as
not to confuse users.  We would have to do a lot more thinking about how
to fit this into the current applet menu, which isn't really built for
this sort of thing at the moment.

> If you plan to keep the device connected when switching it to manual
> mode (which seems to be the most intuitive way) you could implement a
> way to disconnect from a selected network near the corresponding item
> in the list such as in the image attached (which also seems the most
> intuitive way to disconnect to a network).
> the disconnect of course would go in every connection type, not only wireless

There's actually already a disconnect function in NM, but of course if
you have connections that are marked autoconnect=true, they'll just get
reactivated immediately.

This would also block on some mechanism of saving the state of the
device so that when you reboot, the state is preserved.